I am crying every way I can.
I am trying to express this on paper every way I can.
Now I am never going to get over this also.
Now I am getting used to the tears of previous seasons gone by haunting me with the turn of a new season.
There were waves of terrorist attacks in the region where I was last winter. The region was isolated from the usual life I had been used to. The people were very different from the people I had grown up with –and not just in physical appearance/resemblance. I was at a new phase of my career. I had moments of fun and all sorts. It was supposed to be a very eventful/memorable period of my life.
But, whenever I look back on that season of my life, I only remember the times I sang to you under the sun’s glory, my headphones booming steadily against my eardrums. I only remember the times I played with thoughts of you whilst jauntily strolling in the evening’s peace. I only remember crying in sweet fondness as I prayed to you in the peak chill of the night’s dark. I only remember waking up in high hopes of spending the new day with you every morning’s bright. Our moments together have become fairy-ghosts that haunt my every recollection of that phase of my life. It’s like I am having selective amnesia; and my memories are being replaced completely with only those that have to do with you. At this rate, I won’t have any have any recollection of my growing up years before I met you. I won’t remember the fact that I spent 6 years of my life studying to be a doctor. Heck! One day, I will probably wake up with no memories of my name or who I am. But, I know I will remember every moment we spend together. Fairy-ghosts now eat up the parts of my brain storing the information about all else, as I remember more clearly only those long-gone moments having to do with you. I am losing bits of “me”. It’s not so much about losing those pieces of information as is about losing the essence of “me”, my past, my experiences, my perceptions of the past. There’s more: it’s even affecting my perception of the present. I am at a function, and instead of focusing on analysing the people and personality profiling, I am thinking about how that function could somehow relate to you; and what I’d do with you; and you showing up promiscuously in the arena.
I am not just me again.
P.S.: And I’ll look in the mirror one day and will see you. You might as well change my physical form to yours. I couldn’t care less again!
WELCOME to the cave, adventurer.
Greetings! I am quite happy to host you on this site.
We may be strangers in the outside world, but drop your inhibitions and bias. Let's snuggle up and do some brain-friction. I enjoy talkative and playful visitors, and I don't mind cleaning up the room afterwards.
Oh! And please, you may read my posts twice, if you don't quite understand after the first read. The more you look, the more you see. (I know!)
copyright notice. (Yes! Even scrolls have copyrights.)
©Christopher Osunbote and realityenchanted.wordpress.com, 2012-2013.
Unauthorized use and/or
duplication of this material without
express and written permission
from this blog’s author and/or
owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used,
provided that full and clear credit
is given to Christopher Osunbote and realityenchanted.wordpress.com with appropriate and
specific direction to the original
A link to the outside world
A free spirit exploring the beauty and power of words, and expressing truth and freedom that makes life.
my google+ caveletPeek through this hole google enchanted at just another passing shadow of the Enchanted Writer on google.com
- Speak only of what you have seen and known. Add not a comma or dash. 5 days ago
- JOURNAL OF THE SIMPLE: LIFE'S RANDOM MOMENTS wp.me/p2wczX-jm 1 week ago
- RT @XTsamurai: Check out my new Rock Video. Do RT bit.ly/135XCr7 @kaylpedro @kenydutch @KLBSonline @krystophyr @LamiiOpere @lamiphi… 1 week ago
- Journal of the simple: simple random lessons wp.me/p2wczX-jd via @krystophyr 2 weeks ago
- Journal of the simple: simple random lessons wp.me/p2wczX-jd 2 weeks ago
- I should know better, eh? But sometimes I'm no better than the fish that gets baited by a WORM! youtube.com/watch?v=QbAwx1… 2 weeks ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/QbAwx1cia40?a AIYE by XTsamurai (Official Video) 2 weeks ago
- Okay. Market is over now, God. You can roll up the day nd let's retire for the night and weekend. Say, let's make it a good weekend now, eh? 2 weeks ago
- An average day in the life of Just-a-regular-crazy-spiritual-human. wp.me/p2wczX-j5 via @krystophyr 2 weeks ago
- Journal of the Simple: life on loan wp.me/p2wczX-jb 2 weeks ago
My Blog Nation